Sunday, February 24, 2008

One week left....

This was taken just last Saturday at my husbands "going away party/night out" with family and friends.

so we have one week left. My husband will most likely be leaving on Sunday, March 2nd.

I do not know how to process this. Before now, it all seemed like it was not real.

Well... reality jumped up and bit me in the ass today, when it hit me that this is our last week together for a long time.


Can anyone out there please tell me how to get through this ?


I really am not sure how I will handle it... and I am scared shitless.

I have been short and snappy today, not meaning to be, but I am becoming very stressed.

and unsure

and afraid.

My husband recieved his shots Friday. And after talking to the nurse on what can happen to him while he is there, has me scared to death.

What if I never see him again, because one of these "things" happens to him ?

What would I do then ?

How could I go on ?

It seems that rabies is rampant there. As is Dengue fever, malaria ( and now the company is saying he doesn't NEED anti malaria meds... WTF ???? ), cholera, Japanese Enciphalitis, omg, the list is endless....

He cant drink the water, eat salads, fresh fruits or vegetables ( unless the fruits have thick skins and he can peel them himself ) all because they grow their fruits and produce in....are you ready ??????

HUMAN WASTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, you heard me correctly...

I am so worried about his health while hes there, I am sick to my stomach and so stressed.....and he will be 7,800 miles away...

I am trying so hard not to think about all of it because when I do, it becomes so overwhelming that I can not seem to cope.

Please, someone, anyone tell me how to deal with all of this !!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry this is so hard on you. I don't know what to say. Since you did ask I will just tell you what I know.I know our church has people over there and they live just fine. I think you just learn what you can and cannot eat.because of the internet maybe you and he will be able to keep in close touch. And on missing him well, thats a hard one. It may help you to think of women whose husbands are in Iraq and know that your dear husband is so much safer than they are. That his going is going to save your family from being homeless and that was such a worry for you not too long ago. He will get visits home every so often I am guessing. I hope so. Just think how happy the 2 of you will be when he comes back for a visit. Even though you are afraid this sounds like an answer to your prayers. I know you never prayed he would have to be so far away but God answers prayers in his own way. It's hard but try to remember that God loves you more than you can ever know.He hears your cries. I will keep you in my prayers and him too. I believe all 3 of you will be fine. It is a new thing to get used to but you really will in time. I wish you all the best, debi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home