Monday, October 22, 2007

The 4 legged family members...


This is one of our 4 legged family members. She has a food allergy, she has to be on prescription food that can only be purchased through her vet. It is expensive ( 68.00 a bag) she can NOT eat anything else !! She is also down to a few days left, and we are OUT of cash. I am afraid we may have to give her, and my kitty, Niki, away. How can I DO that ? I just don't see how I can. She is SUCH a good dog... I have had her since she was 9 weeks old, I potty trained her, trained her to be the good dog she is.. and I love her. Despite her food allergy , and getting into the garbage and making her allergy worse, despite the fact that if she sees a open door, she makes a break for it...
she gives us unconditional love and acceptance, she comforts us when we are sad, and makes us laugh at her silly antics.
I can not just give her away !
Niki is almost 20 years old. I have had her since she was 8 weeks. I saw her through a major surgery as a kitten. I lost her when I moved to Seattle only to get her back from my ex husband when we returned to Michigan. She would never survive going to another home. I can not knowingly send her to her death... she is a beautiful cat, part persian and her coloring is what they call "black smoke" .. her fur is black on the tips and gray underneath. I don't have a photo of her on the computer so I will have to hunt one down.
I could never give my son away... how can I do that with my pets ?




2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Biddie said...

I understand completely.
Try to talk to the vet about samples, and see if you can get her some food that way. Do you think that you have some friends or family that would take your pets in if worst came to worst?
She is such a pretty puppy...
Don't give up, Cynnie. SOMETHING has to change for the better. It HAS to. I am thinking of you, and trying like hell to come up with a solution...Don't give up, ok?
Biddie xx

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Biddie said...

So, any news? How are things? I have been thinking of you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home