Saturday, February 03, 2007

And I want to live in Michigan...... WHY ?


As I sit here, freezing INSIDE , with windchills 15 to 20 below zero, and watching the snow fly, sometimes with zero visibility... I wonder what it was that made me want to move back to my home state so badly. I LOVE Michigan springs and summers, the thunderstorms, and the warm, even muggy, nights... but the winters ? Um... NO. NOT EVEN A LITTLE !!! Don't get me wrong. I used to live for winter, when I could ski, and go sledding, and all the other outdoor sports... but I don't ski anymore ( bad knees ) , and its been years since I have gone sledding, the last time I went ice skating my feet hurt for days... lol. So why do we stay ? I guess it's because it is home. It is because this is where family is, it is the place my son knows , the place we all feel grounded, and despite the winters with the frigid temps and the snow, those things make it worth staying. Maybe some day, when we are too old to endure the harshness of a Michigan winter we will head south to deal with the hurricanes and floods... but for now, I will sit inside and watch the blizzard-like conditions we are experiencing today.....and be thankful for home.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home