Tuesday, September 06, 2005


Perfect end to a perfect vacation..... Posted by Picasa It seems trivial, in light of what has happened since our return from our wonderful vacation.. to post about what a great time we had. But, life does go on, and so, my post.....

What a great time we had! Everything was perfect... the flight on Spirit to our rental car to the hotel near Disney to our hotel in Clearwater Beach. Our son had a great time, and it was a vacation he will always remember... thanks to my husbands Mother, who passed away this past spring. She wanted our son to have one last memory of her, and she sent us to DisneyWorld. We said a silent thank you to her when we entered Disney for the first time.

I love Florida, I always have. My husband has never been there... this was his first experience, now he wants to live there ! I wouldn't mind that... the winters here are not as fun as they used to be ( the older I get ). The ONLY time I enjoy the snow is at Christmas. However, our move to Florida will be a few years down the road.

Our first day was spent at Animal Kingdom as this was the least interesting to all of us. It took us a half day to see and do what we wanted there. The rest of the say was spent at the pool soaking up some sun, and recovering from our looooooooooong day the day before. our flight left at 7AM, and we live about a hour from the airport. Add in the the fact they ask you to be there two hours early .. we left at 3:30 AM from our house. I never went to sleep. On the second full day we went to Epcot... now, that is a great place ! We all liked Epcot best. And World Showcase is awesome ! On Saturday, my brother and his new girlfried, met us at the hotel for the weekend. We went to MGM that day. Let me tell you... NEVER again will I let anyone talk me into going on a ride I KNOW will scare the shit out of me !!! YES... I went on Tower of Terror... "Oh.. its not so bad" they all said... that should have been a red flag right there.. LOL !!!! Imagine, sitting in a pitch black elevator-type car, never knowing when you are about to free-fall, over and over again. I said to my family... " it would have been easier just to drop the entire 13 stories and be done with it !!!! " But nooooooooooooooooooo...... LOL !! Sunday was our day of rest, we went back to Epcot that evening for their fireworks show... it was awesome !!! We spent the next 2 days doing things we missed and doing Magic Kingdom. Wednesday we left for Clearwater Beach for OUR part of the vacation. Rest and relaxation after our whirlwind.We stayed at a great hotel, I would highly recommend Hilton Clearwater beach. The staff was accomadating and friendly. The rooms were very nice.. and we had the most awesome view from the 9th floor.

We were in Clearwater beach when Hurricane Katrina went through South Florida. We got a few storms and bands of rain... nothing serious. In fact... my husband was taping and making jokes about the " devastation" we suffered from katrina. If we had only known then......

We didn't want to come home... ever...lol. But we did.. and now.. even after almost 2 weeks of being home.. we seriously lack motivation. Ah well... maybe it will come back.. sooner or later......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home