Monday, July 04, 2005

Heavenly.....

My husband and I have really re-connected this past week while our son has been gone. We both miss him, but, this time alone has been good for us ! We have gone out to dinner, saw the movie "War of the Worlds" ( I recommend it highly! What a GREAT movie ! ) , we have gone to the lake several times, including today. And, oh yeah... we have actually had nice, long conversations... imagine that !Not to mention the freedom to be intimate ANYWHERE in the house that we want ! Don't get me wrong... we love our son dearly and would never wish we could change having him.. he is a blessing and a true joy... but having the alone time has been just what our relationship needed. Sometimes I think we put ourselves and our marriage on the back burner. So much seems to come first... we neglect what should be a priority... US !!!!!!! I compare it to nuturing a flower.... if you dont give it water and nutrients, it dies... much the same way a relationship does when its neglected for too long. I almost feel like we have had a second honeymoon phase... it amazes me that, even after ten years I am still as attracted to my husband as I am.

I AM looking forward to seeing our son though, and hearing all about his week. What a week its been... jet skis, pontoon and speed boat rides... I bet now hes going to be wanting all of the above !!! Next month is our trip to Disney World and Clearwater Beach... he will have a full summer. Plus.. his football season starts on August 1st. YES... we are football parents... LOL !

So.. we JUST got back from 6 hours at the lake... YES I know....the SUN is BAAAAAAAAAAD for you... but I will NOT go to Florida without a decent tan... been there done that... so... we go to the lake and bake ourselves to a nice golden brown. It was crowded today with temps being in the 90's... but also very relaxing. Now its time to do my famous Caesar salad and flank steak on the grill... along with a pitcher of margaritas.. what more could anyone ask for ????? Oh yeah... well.. THAT comes later... after dinner... heheheheh......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home