Tuesday, September 06, 2005

No Words.....

I have no words. Nothing seems fitting to express the sadness. I have watched, along with millions of other people, the horror that has unfolded over the past week in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. I have expressed the same anger over the time it took to get aid into the stricken areas. I have cried the same tears over the heartwrenching stories. I have grieved for the victims... the injured, the sick, the dead and the dying. I have, along with those same millions, questioned the mayhem... the shootings and rapes, the UNECESSARY looting of goods not needed for survival... we have all questioned the government and why it took so long.. we may never know that answer... the blame will be flying back and forth for months to come. I have prayed... for God to give these people strength, and hope, and forgivness.. I have prayed for the children, the elderly, the pets left to fend for themselves... I have prayed for the dead and those not yet recovered. The enormity of this situation is something we, who watch from our TV's will never begin to understand. I will continue to do what I can... I am searching my old clothing to send, and shoes, and toys that my son never plays with anymore. I will send money, to help the two AND four legged victims. But, these peoples lives have been forever changed. What I will do most is pray.... that God helps them heal, and start new lives.. wherever that may be.... may God be with them, may the Angels watch over them.. always......

I really don't know what else I can say....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home