Friday, November 16, 2007

It NEVER ends....

my son has been diagnosed with ADD. we have known for at least the past couple years that he has been struggling. both my husband and myself were stubborn( in the end though, it was MY decision NOT to put him on drugs ), and did NOT want him on "THOSE" drugs.
but this year, he has been struggling so bad, and i could not, allow him to continue to suffer. we took him to the doctor yesterday, and she put him on Adderal XP... we are praying it works...
but now... since he failed his third math test this year, the kids are all calling him "Mr fails alot ". He is such a good , caring kid, he is devestated by this. He came home crying and now, i feel responsible because i was so stubborn about putting him on any kind of ADD drug.
on top of everything else, we are going through, now I feel like I have failed my son.
This is NOT his fault !!! But it IS mine, for failing to take everyones recommendations on ADD.
He is so far behind in school it's not funny... he is discouraged, and upset, and thinks of himself as stupid. He is NOT !! He is a bright, sensitive, kind child who has a problem with attention. thats IT.

WHY was I so selfish ? WHY was I not putting his best interest FIRST ?

on top of all the other bull shit, feeling like I am failing at everything, including my marriage... NOW I feel like a failure with my son...

no matter what I do... I fail....

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be having a talk with your sons teacher and find out why his grades are class news. That should be private.You cannot blame yourself for keeping him off meds. They are best used as a last resort.My son was ADD also. Hr had lots of trouble in school also. ADD kids tend to be very bright. Meds helped him for a couple of yrs. Then he refused to take them. By then he didn't seem to need them anymore. He's 25 yrs old now and a very happy husband and daddy. I hope all goes well for your son.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Cynnie01 said...

thank you, for your kind words and encouragement... i feel so bad for our son, he tries so hard and gets so frustrated. apparently the kids asked to see his test score and he showed them, and rihgt away he started getting teased. we are now on Thanksgiving break but rest assured we will be discussing this with his teacher when he gets back to school. All of this is just reinforcing all the negativity he has about himself and school...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home